US President Donald Trump has announced that Boeing concerns have been designated for construction of a new sixth generation F-47 fighter jet
US President Donald Trump announced Friday that Boeing concerns have been designated for the construction of a new sixth generation fighter jet, dubbed the F-47. According to the Pentagon, the capabilities of new machines could be key in cases of conflict with China – the AP agency said.
“Under my direction, the US Air Force will advance towards the sixth generation (…) of the world known as the F-47,” Trump said in a joint speech with White House Defense Minister Pete Haesthem.
6th generation F-47 fighter. “Direct signal to our allies”
Hegeseth pointed out that plans to build such a fleet of fighters would be “a clear and direct signal to allies that we are not going anywhere, and for our enemies, we could still project strength around the world in a way that is not disturbed by generations.”
The plan will be under the slogan Next Generation Aviation Domination (NGAD). According to the AP, manned fighters can work with drone fleets to evaporate the anti-aircraft defenses of potential enemies such as China.
F-47. Trump: Prototype flights have been going on for years
Trump said the new fighter prototypes have been flying for almost five years. Last year, then-President Joe Biden’s management stopped work carried out for several years to determine whether the NGAD project is still needed, and whether new ways of war are updated and adapted.
See: Important Polish F-35 Operation. Pilot: “That’s a great honor.”
As part of this analysis, experts compared how a potential conflict with China could turn to new fighters. They estimated that NGAD was still needed. However, the decision to select a project contractor was left to the Trump administration, which took over in January this year.
The US is building sixth generation fighter jets
The F-47 is a progressive improvement over the fifth generation F-35 Lightning II Fighters, where production suffered from increased costs and delays, as CNN writes.
When their construction contract was awarded to Lockheed Martin, he announced that the project would cost around $200 billion. More than 20 years later, the total cost of the program exceeded $2.
The browser does not support video players… Read more
Want to keep up to date with the latest news?
We are in your mobile application. Check us out!